WordPress Event Manager Plugin
A set-up guide and general information to help you get the most out of your new plugin.
Thank you for purchasing 'Eventer - WordPress Event Manager Plugin'. This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this plugin and provides answers and solutions to common problems and issues - we encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to post them at our dedicated Support Forum. Thanks so much!
Eventer is a fully functional powerful WordPress plugin developed for creating and managing events for any website using any theme. It is a fully responsive WordPress plugin.
How to use Eventer Plugin?
Eventer is very easy to get started with creating your own events with online registration for attendees, it will adapt your website and theme in no time. Steps for modification and updating are described step by step in this exclusive documentation.
Tip: Before uploading the plugin make sure you unzip the plugin package downloaded(All files & Documentation) from your ThemeForest's Downloads page and inside of the unzipped folder upload the zip called "eventer.zip"
To install this plugin you must have a latest version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Your downloads page on ThemeForest will show you 2 options for plugin download. If you plan to upload the plugin right away in your WP Dashboard then download the "Installable WordPress file only" from there
To get the documentation and plugin all together download "All files & documentaion" zip archive from there.
When you are ready to install the Eventer plugin, you must first upload the plugin files and then activate the plugin itself. The plugin files can be uploaded in two ways:
FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped plugin folder(eventer) into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server.
WordPress Upload: Navigate to Plugins > Add New > Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped plugin folder. Hit “Install Now” and the plugin will be uploaded and installed.
Once the plugin is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and activate the Eventer plugin.
Creating a new event
To start creating an event move to Eventer > Add New in your WP Dashboard.
- Enter your event title here
- Enter the event details and description in the editor here
- Publish your event after filling all the details
- Choose or create your event categories
- Set featured image for your event. This image will be used on events list/grid and event details page
- Add tags relavant to your events. These can be used to filter events as well.
- Choose or create new venue for your events. These can be used to filter events as well
- Choose or create new organizers for your events. These can be used to filter events as well.
- Use plugin’s date picker to select a date & time when your event will start
- Use plugin’s date picker to select a date & time when your event will end
- If you wish to make your event to run all day on selected date then check this box.
- Select "Yes" here if you want your event to reoccur using the selected method. More info about recurring events
- This field can be used to set an array of dates which you want to include in between a series of recurring event.
- Select yes if you want to allow users to register for the event for free or paid tickets. More info about event registration
Tip: To keep your server response time optimum, enter 999 as maximum times an event will repeat.
- Select your event recurring frequency type, it can be either fixed date or a specific week day
- Select event frequency here, if you select event frequency type above as "Fixed Date" then you have option to repeat the event on "Every Day", "Every Second Day", "Every Third Day", "Every Forth Day", "Every Fifth Day", "Every Sixth Day", "Every Week" or "Every Month". If you select event frequency type above as "Week Day" then you have option to repeat the event on every "First, "Second", "Third", "Forth", "Last" week of the month. With this option you will another selection here:
where you will have to select the weekday. So for example you have an event on Sunday and you want to repeat it on every Sunday in the last week of month then you will select week of month as "Last" and Week day as "Sunday".
- Here you will enter the number of times you will want your event to repeat. Keep the number exactly what you need for the event as this will impact your website event feching response time.
- This field allows you to add an array of multiple dates which you want to exclude from a series of repeating event. For example you have an event that repeat every day for 100 days in a row but in between you have no event on a day then you will add that date in this field.
- This field allows you to add an array of multiple dates which you want to include in a series of repeating event. For example you have an event that repeat every week for 10 consecuted weeks but you have the same event 2 times in a week then you add that additional date in this field.
Info: You can enable free and paid events both for a single event including 3 types of ticket types.
- Select "yes" to enable registration for your events. If this is enabled and no ticket type is created below then registration will not work. You must create a ticket type to allow users to regiater for an event
- You can redirect users to some other website for regitartion as well from the register button that is available on event details page
- If you are redirecting users to external website for regitartion then this option can be used to open the custom link on the same page or in an another window/tab in the browser.
- Use these fields to enter your details for the first ticket type. Enter the ticket name like "Early Birds" etc., Enter the number of tickets available and the price of the ticket(For free tickets either leave the price field empty or enter Free).
- Use these fields to enter your details for the second ticket type. Enter the ticket name like "Early Birds" etc., Enter the number of tickets available and the price of the ticket(For free tickets either leave the price field empty or enter Free).
- Use these fields to enter your details for the third ticket type. Enter the ticket name like "Early Birds" etc., Enter the number of tickets available and the price of the ticket(For free tickets either leave the price field empty or enter Free).
Discounted Pricing: You can give discount on any ticket type by entering it in the price field. For example if the regular price of the ticket is 49 and you want to discount it for 40 then enter 49-9 in the price field
Date wise ticket records for recurring events
This option allows you to view/edit the ticket name/available tickets/price as per the date of any recurring event. You can enter a different name of the ticket for a specific date or can see how many tickets are remaining for that date and can also set a discounted price or increased price for that specific date. For example you have an event running everyday through out the December month but you want a premium price for 25th December then select this date from the select box available and change the price of the tickets.
To reset all the data of any event like the tickets booked or changed pricing, ticket names just click on the "Reset all dates to default" button. To enable this button select "Enable Reset Button" from the above select box.
Info: Event categories define the color scheme of the events.
Event Categories are like the other taxonomies you have for post types in WordPress. With event categories you have the option to set a unique color for every other category. These colors will be used to style your events on your website like on Event Calendar/List/Grid.
You can add color to any category while creating or editing it from your WP Dashboard => Eventer => Event Categories
If no color is selected for the category then events assigned to that category will use plugin's default color for the design part.
Event Venues can be created and edited from your WP Dashboard => Eventer => Venues
- Enter your venue title
- Enter a slug for your venue, if you leave this field empty then WordPress fills it by own.
- Select another venue here if you want to make this new venue it's child venue. For example you have a building that is your venue which has several auditoriums so you can add all auditoriums as your building's child venues
- Enter details or description of the venue like the facilities it may have or other info. You can also add images/gallery/videos using the "Add media" button in the editor
- Upload or Choose an image for your venue
- Enter the correct address of the venue to locate it on the map easily for the users to get directions. This is an autocomplete field and suggest you the addresses as soon as you start typing in it.
Event Organizers can be created and edited from your WP Dashboard => Eventer => Organizers
- Enter event organizer title
- Enter a slug for the event organizer, if you leave this field empty then WordPress fills it by own.
- Select another organizer here if you want to make this new organizer it's child organizer. For example your organizer is a company with several small branches for event organization then the company is a parent organizer whereas branches can be added as child organizers.
- Enter details or description of the organizer like the their contact info. You can also add images/gallery/videos using the "Add media" button in the editor
- Enter the phone number of the organizer for the visitors to contact them in case of any query.
- Enter email address of this organizer where event visitors can contact the organizer. This will also be used for the contact form available on the single event page. If you leave it blank then the contact form info will be sent to the website administrator email.
- Enter website address of this organizer which event visitors can visit for organizer information. This will be visible on single event details page.
Move to Eventer => Settings to setup your plugin basic things like color scheme, time settings etc. Details of what can be done here:
- Select plugin default color. Eventer plugin use a single color to beautify your events in all views including list, grid and calendar, you can enhance it with multiple colors by adding new colors in event categories.
- Enable/Disable the custom taxonomies attached to the event posts. This can be helpful when you doesn't need them for your website so they will be hidden from your WP Dashboard Eventer menu
- Setup for event show on your website, recurring events will show for each occurence by default. Here you can set option to show only a single occurance(next upcoming) of a recurring event
- Show or Hide the recurring(reloading) icon with the name of events
- Enable/Disable social media sharing buttons from the single event page
- Enable/Disable save event option from the single event page. This option allow your event page visitors to save that event in their iCalendar, Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, Outlook, Outlook Online
- Choose save event option's time setting. You can set it as if user save an event then it will be saved as per your selected timezone or you can set it to use the user's own timezone
- Set date format for the events, add seperator for the multi day events
- Set time format, how the time of events will be displayed for your events
- Choose the options for your events calendar like: view of the calendar where you have several options, calendar header view, Limiting events on calendar shown on a day, add Google Calendar ID to fetch events from that calendar to your events calendar and list/grid of events
- Create email content that is sent when a user register for an event on your website. There are several shortcodes available for you to send the dynamic values in the email like registration ID, Tickets info etc.
- Create email content for pre registration email that is sent when a user register for an event but not completes the payment for that. This email is sent to the event organizer.
- Create form for event booking. You can add as many fields as you want in this form and fields can be created from the plugin's shortcode generator.
- Create form for contacting event organizer. This form is displayed on the single event page for users to contact the event organizers in case of any questions. You can add as many fields as you want in this form and fields can be created from the plugin's shortcode generator.
Move to Eventer => Payment to setup your paid tickets payment options
Eventer plugin allows your website visitors to register for the events you have listed with tickets availability. Online mode of payment available is Standard PayPal payments. To enable this you need to enter your PayPal business email ID here, choose the currency in which you want to receive payments and set the mode to "Live"
If you would like to offer users offline mode of payment and want to settle payments directly in your bank account offline then enable this option on Payment settings page. Enter your bank account info to show them to users while they are registering for any event
Move to Eventer => Permalinks to change the default permalink settings
If you wish to change the permalinks URL settings for your event posts, event category pages, event tag pages, event venue pages, event organizer pages then enter your new slug here. For example: By default your events single page URLs will be
https://www.yourwebsite.com/eventer/your-event-name/ So to change it to
https://www.yourwebsite.com/event/your-event-name/ then enter "event" in the field here for Event Posts
Move to Eventer => Templates to select view style for the archive templates
Here you can set the default view of the events for the Event Category, Event Tag, Event Venue, Event Venue, Event Organizer, Event Archive and Search Results page
Move to Eventer => Shortcodes to create your own shortcodes for upcoming counter, Events List, Events Grid, Events Calendar and Form Fields.
- Select your shortcode type from the select box at the top of this page
- Choose your set of options to filter the shortcode content as per your need
- Click on "Generate and copy shortcode" button at the bottom
- Paste the copied shortcode in any of your page/post/widget
Move to Eventer => Bookings to view all the bookings/registrations for your events.
You can view all the registrations here for all the events in your website. Every registration have it's own unique ID which works as a ticket ID as well. You can click on any row to see full details of that booking. You can also update the payment status of any registration in case of receiving offline payments
Detailed view of a booking:
Sort bookings by event and download the csv record file:
Move to Eventer => Import Events to import your own csv file with records of events.
- Select Yes here if you wish to upload featured images with the event data. This can increase the amount of time for uploading and updating the events data.
- Add rows of data data record multiple times by using "Add" button and use "Save" button to save settings. In the CSV Label enter your csv file column title and select meta field for this column of values
- Browse and select your csv file
- Click "Upload CSV File" button to start the upload process